Buy HK VP9 9mm Striker-Fired Pistol with FDE Frame
It doesn’t just feel great. It shoots great. In any firearm, especially a handgun, the many “touchpoints” between the shooter and the firearm are critical to consistent, repeatable, performance. The touchpoints HK have emphasized on the VP may actually help you improve on the range as well.
Experience gained by HK engineers with the P30 hammer-fired pistol had a direct influence on the design of the VP9, but the VP9 breaks new ground with its integration of a unique striker firing system with an enhanced HK “light pull” trigger. The net result is a pistol with custom-fit ergonomics with trigger quality unequaled in any production striker fired handgun.
- Ergonomic, Adjustable Grip. Every detail, including the grip angle, the contour of the front strap and the high rear saddle were chosen to fit the human hand. And the adaptable grip frame allows you to interchange both backstraps and grip panels in 27 unique configurations to fit your hand. All of these features help you get the same consistent grip, every time you pick up your VP.
- Best-In-Class Trigger. The VP trigger surpasses those found on competitors. It has a short, light take-up with a solid, single action type break followed by a short positive reset.
- Striker Fired. The VP Series pistols use a striker fired ignition and a modified Browning operating system combined with an optimal precision strike trigger control system — it is in essence a premium HK P30 frame mated to an advanced striker fired slide design. Materials include proprietary HK steel for barrel, slide, springs, pins, and internal components.
- Completely Ambidextrous. HK’s patented charging supports are simple components mounted on each side of the rear of the slide and provide better gripping leverage for racking the slide rearward. The charging supports speed reloading and make operating the VP9 easier for shooters with reduced hand strength. The VP pistols uses the proven P30 17-round, steel magazines.
- Extended Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 Rail. This rail is molded into the VP9’s polymer frame for mounting lights and accessories. The rail has been tested and certified to handle mounted accessories up to 5.6 ounces.
- Captive Flat Recoil Spring. This proprietary component helps reduce the recoil forces effecting the operator and the handgun, improving shooter control during rapid firing and prolonging component service life.
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel. Made from cannon grade steel, HK’s famous barrel ensures a long service life. Similar HK barrels on 9 mm P30 models fired more than 90,000 rounds in endurance tests in 2010. The polygonal bore profile, with no traditional lands-and-grooves rifling, contributes to longer service life as well as a slight increase in muzzle velocity.
- Hostile Environtment Finish. The VP9’s machined steel slide is protected from corrosion and wear by HK’s hostile environment finish.
- Manufacturer: H&K – Heckler & Koch
- Model: VP9
- Caliber: 9mm
- Barrel Length: 4.09″
- Twist Rate: 1:9.8
- Overall Length: 7.34″
- Finish: Flat Dark Earth Polymer Black Slide
- Grips: Flat Dark Earth Polymer
- Sights: 3-Dot
- Magazine Capacity: 17-Rounds